In Memory of
Look at us Now
We got together
1970 in Review
McClintock High School Class of 1970 - Literature
1. 'Quotations from Chairman Mao' was the most printed book written in the 20th century. It is better known in the West as
A - The LIttle Red Book
B - Red Guardists
C - Mao
D - Mein Kampf
E - Green Book
F - The Other Revolution
2. In 'The Valley of the Dolls' by Jacqueline Susann, Â 'dolls' is a slang term for
A - toy
B - downers
C - women
D - children
E - money
F - Hollywood
3. Who was Jonathan Livingston Seagull?
A - a seagull
B - the author of 'The Crying of Lot 49'
C - a steam engine
D - a Indian
E - pop/rock band
F - the devil
4. A young girl confronts many pre-teen female issues, such as buying her first bra, having her first period, coping with belted sanitary napkins, etc. in the 1970 book . . .
A - Diary of Anne Frank
B - Nancy Drew
C - Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret
D - Saving Francesca
E - If You Only Knew
F - Madeline
5. A 1970 novel by James Dickey, that a few years later was a thriller film staring Jon Voight, Burt Reynolds, Ned Beatty, Ronny Cox and James Dickey himself.
A - Psycho
B - Silence of the Lambs
C - The Birds
D - Deliverance
E - Clockwork Orange
F - Jaws
6. 'Slaughterhouse-Five,' (1969) is an anti-war science fiction novel by
A - Kurt Vonnegut
B - Judy Blume
C - Mario Puzo
D - Hal Lindsey
E - Rachel Carlson
F - Timothy Leary
7. 'The Late, Great Planet Earth' was about
A - pollution
B - Earth Day
C - Tree Huggers
D - Space Race
E - Christian prophecy
F - positive thinking
8. The author of this book is the brother of investigative journalist Don Bolles, who was murdered in a car bombing in 1976 outside the Hotel Clarendon in Phoenix.
A - Airport
B - Myra Breckinridge
C - The Confessions of Nat Turner
D - What Color Is Your Parachute?
E - Christain Science Monitor
F - The Money Game
9. The main character of this book is Don Vito Corleone.
A - Hustler
B - Dances with Luigi: A Grandson's Search for His Italian Roots
C - Congress and Other Cesspools
D - David vs. Goliath
E - Explosive Secrets
F - The Godfather
10. A 1967 book by Desmond Morris which looks at humans as a species and compares them to other animals.
A - Planet of the Apes
B - The Moral Animal
C - Slaughterhouse Five
D - The Naked Ape
E - Where the Wild Things Are
F - The Late, Great Planet Earth
11. The novel by S. E. Hinton, follows two rival groups, the Greasers and the Socs who are divided by their socioeconomic status.
A - The Outsiders
B - Romeo & Juliet
C - Grease
D - The Street Gang Connection
E - Tulsa
F - Ponyboy
12. Although some did not like this white author writing fiction about a black historical figure, he/she won the Pulitzer Prize 1968.
A - The Color Purple by Alice Walker
B - The Confessions of Nat Turner by William Styron
C - The Fire Next Time by James Baldwin
D - Another Country by James Baldwin
E - A Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry
F - Roots by Alex Haley
13. This autobiography (3 -17 years old) with it's graphic depiction of childhood rape, racism, and sexuality has caused it to be banned in some schools and/or libraries.
A - Valley of the Dolls by Jacqueline Susann
B - I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
C - The Crying of Lot 49 by Thomas Pynchon
D - Portnoy's Complaint by Philip Roth
E - Play It As It Lays by Joan Didion
F - The French Lieutenant's Woman by John Fowlles
14. This book written by Rachel Carson in '62, is widely credited with launching the environmental movement of the late 60s.
A - The Upside of Down
B - The Late, Great Planet Earth
C - An Unreasonable Woman
D - Silent Spring
E - Garbage Land
F - The Beast That Ate the Earth
15. Published in 1968, this historical-literary classic by Tom Wolfe follows the exploits of Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters as they trip (LSD) their way round the US in the 1960s.
A - The Doors of Perception
B - The Man Who Turned On The World
C - The Road Â To Eleusis Â
D - The Forbidden Game Â
E - High In America Â
F - The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test
16. What can you say about a twenty-five-year-old girl who died? That she was beautiful and brilliant? That she loved Mozart and Bach, the Beatles, and me? Quote from . . .
A - Love Story
B - Mommie Dearest
C - Scruples
D - All Things Wise and Wonderful
E - Dolores
F - Message from Malaga
17. In the 1969 horror novel 'Rosemary's Baby' what was Rosemary's last name?
A - Sapirstein
B - Woodhouse
C - Hill
D - Casteve
E - Dunstan
F - Anton LaVey
18. Who was the fictional husband of the author of 'Phyllis Diller's Housekeeping Hints' and 'Phyllis Diller's Marriage Manual.'
A - Woody
B - Mort
C - Lenny
D - Fang
E - Flip
F - Cheech
19. A true account of the brutal 1959 murders Herbert Clutter, a farmer from Kansas, his wife and two of their children and its consequences
A - In Cold Blood by Truman Capote.
B - Extreme Killing by Fox & Levin
C - Dynamite Fiend by Ann Larabee
D - The Mask of Sanity by James McNeish
E - No Right to Remain Silent by Lucinda Roy
F - The Killing Fields by Diana Washington Valdez
20. The book presents an overview of the vast and complex operations involved in operating a major commercial airport (happening in a raging blizzard), much of which is still applicable nearly 40 years later.
A - Air Disaster by Macarthur Job
B - Pan Am: An Aviation Legend by Barnaby Conrad
C - Silverbird by Don Bedwell
D - Jetliner Glory: Airliner Liveries Â by John K. Morton
E - Airport by Janet Maslin
F - The Peter Principle by Laurence J. Peter
21. __ is a 1968 satirical transsexual comedy by Gore Vidal written in the form of a diary. It was part of a major cultural assault on the assumed norms of gender and sexuality.
A - Animal Farm
B - The Full Monty
C - Erin Brockovich
D - Myron Floren
E - Myra Breckinridge
F - The Diary of AnaÃ¯s Nin
22. Sent to recover a satellite the military team members suddenly die as well as everyone in PIedmont, Arizona, from a deadly microorganism the satallite was carrying.
A - The Strange Case of Morris K. Jessup by Gray Barker
B - The Humanoids by Charles Bowen
C - Chariots Of The Gods by Erich Van Daniken
D - A Thousand Days by Arthur Schlesinger, Jr.
E - Mutaflor by C. Everett Koop
F - The Andromeda Strain by Michael Crichton
To obtain a site like this for your class visit
Web Portal People, LLC.
2020 - Maker of
. All rights reserved.